Toyota chief Toyoda tests positive for COVID, cancels business event attendance
TOKYO — Toyota President Akio Toyoda has tested positive for COVID-19 and will be absent from a series of New Year events to be held by Japanese business lobbies on Thursday, a company spokesperson said.
Toyoda had been due at events in Tokyo hosted by Japan’s top trade organizations where business and political leaders including Prime Minister Fumio Kishida will be in attendance.
The spokesperson said Toyoda gets tested regularly for COVID and declined to comment on his symptoms.
- St. Louis dealer Frank Bommarito dies at 88
- Tesla China boss Tom Zhu promoted to oversee U.S. plants, sales
- U.S. senator grills Tesla board about Musk's purchase of Twitter
- Highlights from the latest Daily Drive podcasts, Dec. 12-14
- Elon Musk restores Twitter accounts of journalists after suspensions draw backlash
- Ex-VW CEO Diess will head Infineon board