Highlights from the latest Daily Drive podcasts, Dec. 12-14
Here are highlights from the latest episodes of ‘Daily Drive’, Automotive News’ weekday podcast, Dec. 12-14, hosted by Jamie Butters with Kellen Walker.
“We’re a company that has worked with unions around the world for many years, so we’re welcoming of the union at the battery plant.”–Mary Barra, CEO of General Motors, on union representation in its joint venture battery plants
“When we say EVs for everyone, it’s more than an advertising tag line. We’ve got to do this in a way where no one gets left behind.”–Barra on concerns that the move to EVs could exacerbate existing inequalities due to affordability and charging availability
“We electrify or power everything from a bike that you can drive down the street all the way up to a semi, all the way up to an agricultural machine. …When you look at that whole gamut of where we want to participate, we believe there’s lots of opportunity.”–Paul Thomas, executive vice president of Bosch North America, speaking at the Automotive News Congress in Detroit
— Listen to these and other shows at autonews.com/dailydrive.
- Elon Musk restores Twitter accounts of journalists after suspensions draw backlash
- Ex-VW CEO Diess will head Infineon board
- Elon Musk sells $3.6B worth of his stake in Tesla
- VW Group promotes Audi, Porsche execs to top roles
- Musk’s $5.7 billion mystery gift went to his own charity
- Mazda's Akira Marumoto: Exploring options